Curious to know more about the detoxing craze? Read on to learn about the health benefits of detox.
Health: Food & Nutrition
Health: Natural Remedies
Health: Stress Relief
Health: Tips & Tricks
The human body is resilient and has the ability to heal itself if it is given the right tools to work with. To keep the immune system healthy, however, we have to give it the right tools. You may be suffering from or experiencing symptoms such as:
Your liver and your gut are important for the conversion of T4 to T3 in your body. T3 is an active hormone, which fuels your body. It is also what is responsible for your body's metabolism, brain function, and development of healthy hair/skin/nails.
- Sluggish gut/liver
- Bloating, constipation and/or gas from weak digestion
- Toxicity from long-term medications
- Hormonal imbalance from stress
- Hunger, mood swings, shakiness from unstable sugar levels
- Carb, salt or sugar cravings
- Extended exposure to external toxins
One thing you can do to help insure healthy liver and gut function is to detox. If the word "detox" makes you sick, then you probably have one of the many concerns about the procedure. These include:
Concerns about detoxing are numerous and go from one extreme to another. Here are a few of the major health issues that are total misconceptions:
- Feeling you can't last very long without a meal!
- Body damage
- Bingeing from hunger. It will leave me so hungry I'll binge
- Lack of support from family/friends
- Expense and the risk it might not work for you
The list goes on, but those are the main concerns. Fasting, however, has been around for a long time. Famous people like Ghandi, Plato, and Martin Luther King believed in it. They all believed cleansing would help you feel more vital, creative, and open to emotional/spiritual energies.
- This will make me lose weight quickly
- It's going to the extreme and it could be dangerous
- It's a fad. They don't last and aren't important
- It's a protein deficient diet
- It causes loss of muscle mass
If you want to give your body the ability to heal itself, you have to take care of your immune system. Many medical professionals, especially those in alternative medicine, believe that around three-fourths of your immune system is housed in your digestive system, mainly in the intestines. When you suffer from gas, bloating, and constipation it means that your immune system isn't working properly. It can be inflamed and/or irritated. Your gut is a big part of your digestive system, so keeping it cleansed of impurities is important.
A lot of people make numerous trips to the doctor for digestive problems, brain fog, and/or fatigue but nothing they try seems to work. If this is the case, then detoxifying your body might be what you need.
There are numerous benefits of detoxification. They include:
Completing a detoxification process not only leaves you feeling better. It also gives you a sense of pride. When you do, you will be investing in yourself. You will have invested in your body's ability to heal on its own and helped return your body's digestive system to optimal health.
- Gas, feeling bloated, and constipation can be relieved
- Sugar levels can be stabilized
- Normalizing your body's metabolism
- Physical/emotional well being
- Relief from anxiety or depression
- Reduction of inflammation in your digestive system which in turn causes relief in allergies, food sensitivities, and achy joints.
- Greater energy and a clearer mind
Disclaimer: We're not affiliated, authorized, associated, endorsed by, or officially connected with the company or entities listed here, or any of their subsidiaries or affiliates. All trademarks cited, listed, or shown here are the property of their respective owners. We are not responsible for errors, omissions, safety issues
, or inaccurate information. This site is for entertainment purposes only and is not an official guide. Attempting anything you see here is done so at your own risk and we are not responsible for your safety, loss of life, legal or medical fees, or damages because of anything you see or read on this site.
All information and content provided on this site is for educational, informational, and entertainment purposes only. Always consult a professional before following any information you read here. See our Terms and Conditions for more information.