This chicken taco recipe will have your taste buds singing!
Food & Drink: How-To
Food & Drink: Recipes
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 chipotle chilie in adobo, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, or more or less to taste
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) beer (I used a pumpkin beer)
- 1/2 cup apple cider, plus more if needed
- 1/2 -3/4 cup enchilada sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 8 warmed flour or corn tortillas, for serving
- Sharp cheddar cheese + cotija cheese, for serving
- Avocado, sliced
Add all the ingredients for the tacos (minus the cheese + tortillas) to the bowl of your crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
Shred the chicken and return to the crockpot. If needed cook the chicken on high for 30 minutes with the lid off to help thicken the sauce.
To serve, add the shredded chicken to a warmed taco shell. Top with cheddar and avocado. Sprinkle with cotija cheese and chopped cilantro. Happy taco eating!
Disclaimer: We're not affiliated, authorized, associated, endorsed by, or officially connected with the company or entities listed here, or any of their subsidiaries or affiliates. All trademarks cited, listed, or shown here are the property of their respective owners. We are not responsible for errors, omissions, safety issues
, or inaccurate information. This site is for entertainment purposes only and is not an official guide. Attempting anything you see here is done so at your own risk and we are not responsible for your safety, loss of life, legal or medical fees, or damages because of anything you see or read on this site.
All information and content provided on this site is for educational, informational, and entertainment purposes only. Always consult a professional before following any information you read here. See our Terms and Conditions for more information.